Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Santa Train

 
On Sunday we drove to North Bend, WA and boarded the Santa train. I'll tell you, it was disappointing. I still can't figure out why everybody was so excited, and why it is sold out. Second, I will admit that I directed us to the wrong train station - but that didn't really change the actual train ride. We were supposed to get on at North Bend, ride the train 3 miles [30 minutes] to the Snoqualmie depot and then get off, stand in line to see Santa and then get back on the train. We went backwards... and Zoe didn't really care if she saw Santa so we waited in a line for 20 minutes and then just went into the bookstore [gift shop] where she found a little train necklace and said "it's the most beautiful necklace I've ever seen! Can I have it, please, please, please?"
 
I thought the train would have Santa riding on it, and there was reportedly caroling and hot cocoa and decorations involved. But it was just an old, cold, rusty train.
 
I hear that the train by Mt Rainier is lit up and Santa sits in a decorated caboose and there is singing.
 
Oh well. You win some, you lose some.

 
Are children outside of Seattle this comfortable holding a coffee cup?
[It's hot chocolate]





No comments:

Post a Comment