Monday, January 7, 2013

Snoqualmie Snow Day



http://sdrv.ms/WoJ696

This link should take you to my sky drive - a place where I can upload photos from my phone and share them with you. Hopefully it works well.

We drove to Snoqualmie Pass - due East on I-90 - and went to a part of the ski resort where it's just hills for sledding and areas for cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. We went with Zoe's friend, Madeline, and her mom, Dana.

It snowed while we were there and it was already super deep. We took some inflatable snow tubes and our sled. Zoe really wanted to build a snowman, but it wasn't wet enough; just super powder - perfect for skiing, but not building. We stayed much long [5 hours] than any of us expected to. The girls had such a great time. They were both warm & dry in their snow bibs & coats & boots and didn't want to leave.

It took a little more than an hour to drive there from our house and the roads were clear the whole way. It was a pretty easy trip to make and so much fun that I'm sure we can do it again in a couple of weeks. Zoe thinks that she wants to try to ski and ride on a chair lift. It's worth a shot. Kids here start skiing at 3 years old. Me, I'm still afraid of chair lifts, so I won't be much help.

No comments:

Post a Comment