Sunday, June 22, 2008

Cargo Pants













When Peter & I were in Whistler, BC last fall I bought these little cargo pants for future-Zoe. He was mountain biking with a friend and I was pregnant, wandering through the village. I did take the gondola to the top of Whistler to walk around but the site of non-pregnant hikers huffing and puffing their way around the the top-of-the-mountain trail kept me from exploring too much. Anyway, these little cargo pants are so funny to me because they are exact miniatures of adult pants. They don't have the snaps along the legs for diaper changes, the expandable side pockets have velcro closures, the drawstring really works, and the insides are mesh-lined. So I guess Canandian babies frequently find themselves in rainy conditions while out hiking. Luckily, she'll be able to keep a compass and a granola bar in her pockets. They're pretty cute, too.

Today I took the Jumparoo outside and let Zoe enjoy the overcast day while I worked on one of our backyard weed gardens. Later we bought some lavendar plants and a few begonias. Hopefully it will rain again and keep everything alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment