Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sleeping on her own


For the last few days I've been letting Zoe put herself to sleep. I've read the sad tales of letting a baby cry and cry and cry while an anxious parent cries on the other side of a closed door. It's supposed to be a big deal to have a baby sleep on her own, in her own bed, in her own room. So it's a little weird to have a baby who basically asks me to lay her down so she can get a little nap in. There are still times that she will fall asleep in the jumparoo, or while I rock her after a bottle. But mostly she makes this aaeehhhhhh noise and squirms until I lay her down where she can curl her knees up, with her baby bottom up in the air, and suck on her thumb. Sometimes she's asleep in a few minutes. Other nights she's tired but distracted by the tv or noise in the kitchen. She looks at me with wide eyes and makes the aaeehhhh noise. So I lay her down, turn the mobile on, and after she tells some long story to the mobile and quiets down, we hear little baby snores on the monitor.

No comments:

Post a Comment