Thursday, October 2, 2008

keepin the art alive






It has been a real challenge for me to keep making art. Being at home every day makes being creative really hard. There are a lot of distractions because there is so much that needs to be done inside & outside of this house, there's a baby crawling all over the place, and I have a lot of "administrative" work to do to ensure that we all eat, have clean clothes, bills paid, non-sticky floors & bathtubs, etc. I also don't have a place that I can work on art stuff and leave it sitting when Zoe wakes up from a nap. So tonight while I was waiting for Pete to get home from work, which will be midnight sometime, I snuck into Zoe's room and did some 'gesture drawings' of her sleeping. It's a great way to stimulate some creative thinking without committing to a project. I think I might translate some drawings of her into paintings for our bedroom. We need some art in there desperately.

No comments:

Post a Comment