Thursday, October 2, 2008

October is here



Isn't October the best? The weather gets chilly so we can wear fluffly clothes and snuggle up in blankets. I found this striped shirt at Target for Zoe. She already had these brown cargo pants. I thought she was so adorable in her October Ensemble until we left the house and everyone thought she was a boy. Most of the time I don't correct people. If we're in the grocery store and someone stops to admire "him" or tell me what cute hair "he" has I just smile and nod. But that day we went to the YMCA so that I could get my excercise and the girl in the nursery was telling me how great "he" had been and how much fun she had playing with "him" and I finally had to say "she's a girl" and Stephanie said "oh, I know, it's Zoe!" It's just weird because even though it's an orange shirt, I think it's pretty girly, but people just assume that if a baby is not doused in pink it must be a boy.
I need to take a picture of Zoe in the pumpkin hat that Nana Jo knitted. It is every bit as wonderful as you could imagine.
We are making plans to visit a pumpkin patch/corn maze this month with Jen, Mike & Rowan.
Also of note in the photos above --> my freshly painted red wall in the kitchen. I also painted some other walls around the house and our bedroom. I've been working on some landscaping in the yard, too. There's so much to do around here!

No comments:

Post a Comment