Tuesday, June 15, 2010

the weekend















We went to the beach - where it was Super Low Tide. It was a blistering hot day, nearly 70 degrees! Pete nearly melted. We walked out to the water and looked at all of the shells and seaweed laying around. Low tide is pretty smelly.

I found a little park nearby that was refurbished recently. The city added a little water-sprinkler play zone that was turned on for the day. Zoe just ran around the perimeter and got a little damp. We went for a hike in the surrounding jungle and found a hollow tree trunk.
At the farmer's markets there is always somebody selling cupcakes and they always have these tiny cupcakes for $1 [or more]. I can guarantee that they are made from a boxed mix and are topped with a canned frosting. I was curious what the profit margin was so I pulled a box & a can out of the pantry and made 5 dozen of these in about 30 minutes. It cost me less than 5 dollars. I put them in the freezer and can pull one out for Zoe [or me] whenever the mood strikes. I don't really want to go into the cupcake business, but it would be profitable to sell them if someone was buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment