Tuesday, August 31, 2010

countdown

If you turn the volume up you can hear Zoe counting in
Spanish: uno, dos, tres, quatro, cinqo... gracias Dora the Explorer! She can count to three in Chinese. And she can count to 15 in English. She has also been saying which way is right or left and she knows bigger/smaller, shorter/taller. I got her some Dora flash cards that teach opposites and show the words with pictures. She will repeat and usually remember anything I tell her. So even really big words, like "approximately" and "instructions" come out of her little mouth. I ordered her some new rain boots, size 8, and instead of paying for shipping from Amazon I ordered a couple more things and got free shipping on all of it. So yesterday we got a kid's magnifying glass & binoculars. She has been holding her hands up to her eyes in circles and saying "binoculars! I see you, mom!" And all kid's shows have magnifying glasses in them at some point. They are usually solving mysteries or looking at bugs - things that we do at home, too. She kept asking me where the net was. There is a matching butterfly net but I didn't get it. Maybe next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment