Sunday, January 16, 2011

my other blog

I have another blog. And now I started another, other blog. It's a food blog. I'm writing it mostly to keep track of/pay attention to/amuse myself with the new recipes that I am trying.

We all having been eating a "clean" diet the past two weeks. We have another week to go as part of the 21-day plan and then we can work our "old" foods back in if we want. It's based on the advice in the book "Clean" which I highly recommend to anyone like me who hates diet books and judgemental attitudes about eating and food. This book is about getting your digestive system cleaned out so that you can release toxins and give your body a chance to absorb nutrients instead. So we have avoided all of the foods that are common allergins and/or bring damage instead of benefit such as: caffiene, soda, all dairy, all soy, peanuts, tomatoes, beef/pork/shellfish, all gluten/wheat flour, white rice, oranges, strawberries, potatoes, corn, sugar, alcohol...
One of the best side effects of this diet is weight loss. Another benefit is finding out that you might have an intolerance/allergy to something that you didn't know was the cause of your headaches /stomach ache/arthritis / liver problem / vision problem ....

We have been eating LOTS of organic fruits and vegetables and lean protein - chicken, lamb & salmon. I bought a cookbook written by a woman with a local, vegan gluten-free bakery so that I could make some bread & muffins. Pete knows that he is gluten-intolerant but I still want to have waffles for breakfast. I am experimenting with different flours like brown rice, quinoa, buckwheat, garbanzo bean.... that's what my blog is about! I invite your comments and if you want to join me in the quest to make something delicious out of these tree-hugging ingredients let me know!

Sara Is In The Kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment